Information Requests

Freedom of Information and Data Protection 

In this section you will find details of how to access information that we hold.

The Freedom of Information Act allows individuals to request information held by public authorities, subject to certain exemptions. It also requires authorities to have a Publication Scheme to specify the classes of information the public authority already publishes or intends to publish.

Broadly speaking Data Protection relates to information about people. If you are seeking access to information about you or your contact with Derbyshire Constabulary please follow this link to the section on Data Protection & Subject Access.  

Important information

People who want to access information about themselves are advised not to make a Freedom of Information Act request but to apply under Data Protection & Subject Access. This page now also includes guidance about Deletion of Records from National Police Systems which could be helpful if you believe that you are eligible for the deletion of records concerning you.

Please read the following statement before continuing: Information Concerning Police Investigations

List of classes

The links below provide access to more detailed definitions of each Information Class.

Obtaining information

The information within these classes can either be found on this website, on an external website or are available on application by post.

Our How to Obtain Information section has the full information on how you can make these applications, and procedures to consider before making the application.

In addition we proactively publish information that is regularly requested and details can be found in Lists & Registers.

Related documents

Some of the documents published will be quite large and in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read PDF files. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, visit the Adobe website where you can download it for free.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.