We've introduced a new Commitment to the people of Derbyshire, which outlines the level of service you can expect from the force based upon our Values.
In the video above, you can see our officers and staff talking about what the Commitment means to them and how this affects their day-to-day working life when providing a high quality service to everyone in Derbyshire.
We are committed to providing a high-quality policing service to everyone in Derbyshire
Our purpose is to:
- Prevent and reduce crime
- Attack criminality
- Protect vulnerable people
- Provide reassurance
- Deliver value for money
Working in our communities
- Treat everyone according to their needs and do everything possible to protect
the most vulnerable
- Be active, visible and approachable in all the communities we serve
- Be polite at all times, and deal with you in a professional and friendly manner
- Tackle crime and anti-social behaviour
- Work with you to achieve common-sense solutions you are happy with
We will aim to get it right first time, every time
- Aim to answer 999 calls within 15 seconds.
- Ensure your contact will always give you their name, and will be courteous and attentive
- Do everything possible to understand your enquiry and explain our response
- Provide you with an estimated time of arrival, where we need to attend
- Explain what will happen next, agreeing how you will be kept informed and provide regular updates
Your local priorities
- Agree local priorities that impact on your community on a quarterly basis
- Work with you and local organisations to tackle these agreed priorities
- Provide monthly updates on progress
This Commitment is also available in other languages, such as Polish, Urdu and Punjabi. Please see the Related Documents section of this page for downloadable versions of these.