The East Midlands Police Legal Services collaboration is part of the East Midlands Police Collaboration Programme providing services to the chief constables and police and crime commissioners of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire.
We have offices in Ripley, Derbyshire; Nettleham, Lincolnshire and Daventry in Northamptonshire.
Our areas of work are:
- Corporate and policy advice, human rights law and judicial reviews of decisions.
- Operational policing matters such as proceeds of crime, liquor and firearms legislation.
- Advice and legal support to both police authorities.
- Civil litigation: claims for wrongful arrest, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, accidents at work and road collisions.
- Representing the chief officer’s interests at inquests.
- Data protection, freedom of information requests and the law relating to the disclosure of information.
- Employment law: providing advice as well as representation before tribunals in respect of claims for race, sex and disability discrimination.
- Police conduct: advice and representation before force misconduct panels and police appeals tribunals.
- Commercial law and conveyancing.
- Advice on all aspects of Police Regulations and Police (Pensions) Regulations, assistance with medical appeals and forfeiture.