The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) Hardyal Dhindsa and Derbyshire Constabulary Chief Constable Peter Goodman are recruiting a Chair and two members for their Joint Audit Risk and Assurance Committee (JARAC) to provide independent assurance on the adequacy of the corporate governance, financial affairs and risk management arrangements.
The vacant positions are:
- The role of Chair - for a five year term with an official commencement date of 22 April 2018.
- Two independent members - both for a five year term with an official commencement date of 31 May 2018.
Successful candidates will have to commit to, prepare for and attend at least four meetings within each financial year. We would welcome applicants who have:
- Practical experience in the financial or general management of business or public sector organisations.
- Sound knowledge of organisational governance and a good understanding of the roles and purpose of internal and external audit.
- An awareness of relevant statutory duties and legislative requirements affecting the PCC and Chief.
- The ability to interpret, question, scrutinise and comment upon statistical and financial information.
The recruitment pack can be downloaded from the right-hand-side of this page.
If you require further information contact Liz Kelly on 0300 1226007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Closing Date is 5pm on Friday, October 27, 2017