Before applying for one of our police staff roles here at Derbyshire Constabulary please take a moment to read through all our eligibility criteria.
1. You must have lived in the United Kingdom for the previous 3 years. If you have spent a long period of time living abroad or travelling but ARE a UK citizen, this does need to be stated on your application and one of our recruitment team will be in touch for more information of this.
2. You must be a UK, EU or Commonwealth Citizen, or a foreign national whose stay in the UK is free of restrictions.
3. Are you a member/have connection with the British National Party (BNP) or any other similar organisation? Unfortunately you cannot apply for one of our roles with Derbyshire Constabulary.
4. Checks of the Police National Computer for yourself and family members - please note that minor offences may not be a bar to appointment but more serious or recent offences may be. (For minor offences or convictions please get advice from one of our recruitment team before applying).
5. Where past convictions, offences or involvement in criminal investigations are not disclosed by an applicant, this will be treated as an attempt to mislead and will raise honesty and integrity issues which will lead to rejection.
6. You must not have a current CCJ or have been made bankrupt (until three years after the discharge of the bankruptcy debt).
7. Persons with large and/or numerous defaults or subject of Individual Voluntary Agreements will not be eligible.
8. The force reviews sickness absence levels to establish if a pattern can be identified over a period of time where the ability of the individual to perform their duties effectively is compromised by either intermittent absences or by long term or protracted absence.
9. Some of our police staff roles require a full UK driving license - this will be stated on the Job Description.
10. You must be able to take a drugs test and results must come back clear of any illegal substances.
11. Tattoos may be checked depending on the role and you will be asked to provide a description and photo. Any offensive tattoos will be rejected.
Applicants for vetting clearance should understand and consent to the process taking place. Consent is signified by the applicant completing and signing the declaration on the vetting forms. Vetting is a pre-requisite for employment and therefore those who refuse to support the process will not be considered.