- Staff will be more customer focused.
- Improved staff confidence and motivation.
- Greater staff retention, therefore lower recruitment costs.
- Supporting your local community; demonstrating your commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Exercise the right to use Derbyshire Constabulary branding.
- Employees will gain new skills during their training that can be transferred to the workplace; such as:
- communication and negotiating effectively
- conflict management and problem solving
- first aid skills
- staying calm under pressure
- decision making
- team building
- leadership and management
- Personal development; as listed above, employees will gain a range of new skills and training.
- CV – enhancing skills and training, valuable for career progression.
- Satisfaction to be able to give something back to the community.
- Employees will feel valued by an organisation to be given the opportunity, thus improving relationships with the employer.
For the police
- Improved recruitment and a wider pool of available resources.
- Potential rise in public reassurance and satisfaction.
- More integration and engagement with communities and local businesses.
- Partnership working in accordance with Section 17 Crime and Disorder Act 1998
For the community
- Increased direct engagement with local police.
- Increased reassurance due to more visible policing on the streets.
- Increased public confidence in the police.
- Greater resources for tackling crime and disorder, resulting in lower levels of crime and a higher sense of security.
- Community awareness of local companies and organisations supporting policing.