Preventing and detecting crime, providing reassurance to victims and witnesses, and generally making our communities safer is the priority of Derbyshire Constabulary. We welcome volunteers to help and support our communities. The support you provide in this activity will help support local people and prevent them from becoming the victims of crime.
What does this activity involve?
- Engaging with the community to deliver crime prevention advice both on the street and at local events.
- Conducting surveys with members of the public to enhance public safety
- Preparing for crime prevention initiatives, collating information and materials.
- Working collaboratively with police officers and staff to support local priorities
- Using IT applications such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to write letters, leaflets and reports.
Written communication along with speaking to people face to face and on the telephone in a professional and confident manner is required. You should have basic IT skills, but will receive training on any systems required.
Note: Crime prevention training will be provided as part of this role.
Force HQ, Ripley
Dayimes or evenings