To see the current list of volunteering vacancies, visit our e-recruitment portal and narrow down the vacancies using the 'Police Support Volunteer' selection box.
What qualifications do I need?
You don’t need any formal qualifications to become a PSV and you will not be expected to undertake any tasks that you aren’t qualified or trained to do. We will also provide training, and any out-of-pocket expenses can be claimed for by volunteers.
- Volunteers must be aged 16 or over to apply for Role Actor or Wildlife Volunteer vacancies. All other vacancies have a minimum age of 18.
- There is no upper age limit.
- You will not be required to wear uniform but will be provided with an ID card.
- You will be covered by public liability insurance wherever you undertake your volunteering duties.
- You must be a British Citizen or EU member and have resided in the UK for a period of at least three years.
- All volunteers will be subject to vetting.
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to delivering a high quality policing service to the people of our county, and our core values are most important to us and the communities we serve.
You can read about our values and commitment to the public in the 'Our Values' section .
What happens after you apply?
When we receive your application, the recruitment selection process begins.
The recruitment process includes:
- Police vetting checks.
- An informal interview.
If your checks and interview are successful, you will be:
- Offered a suitable volunteer opportunity.
- Required to attend an induction.