Our police officers are in the forefront of our policing service; preventing and detecting crime, providing reassurance to victims and witnesses, and generally making our communities safer.
We welcome volunteers to help and support our frontline officers and enhance the service they already provide. The support you provide in this activity will in turn increase the time our officers spend patrolling the streets and focusing on local priorities.
What does this activity involve?
- Assisting and giving direct support to frontline operational police officers with their photocopying and filing. You may also be tasked with inputting data on to computers and giving additional support to victims on behalf of the investigating officer.
- Maintaining inventories for vehicle equipment and completing the inventory form. Cleaning and carrying out minor checks on police vehicles.
- Help organise and attend community events, crime prevention events, delivering leaflets to domestic and business victims of crime.
- Monitor CCTV Systems (Station dependant) for specific events and communicating what is happening in a clear and concise way to officers using police radio systems.
- Attend outside organisations and review/recover CCTV at the request of frontline police officers.
- Research into the latest methods used to tackle local crime
- Liaising closely with local businesses involved in the ‘watch’ schemes to promote the scheme and share guidance.
- Research social media, publications and local stores to search for stolen property
- Using IT applications such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to write letters, leaflets and reports.
Written communication along with speaking to people face to face and on the telephone in a professional and confident manner is required. You should have basic IT skills, but will receive training on any systems required. It would be useful if you had previous office experience, but this is not essential.
All divisions; all police stations.
Daytimes or evenings.