Derbyshire Constabulary has a wide range of marked and unmarked vehicles. We take pride in ensuring our standards and values are maintained throughout. We require volunteers who can help with cleaning and ensuring our vehicles are fully stocked and ready for use.
Conducting simple safety checks tyre pressures tread depth and conducting
inventory checks such as first aid kits, police tape etc. will greatly assist or frontline staff.
What does this activity involve?
- Cleaning and carrying out minor checks on police vehicles on a regular basis (oil, tyre pressures etc.) which will be supplementary to checks that are already in place.
- Maintaining inventories for vehicle equipment and completing the inventory form.
- Reporting damage/loss of vehicle equipment and maintaining vehicle kits to required standards.
- Bringing any issues with vehicles to the attention of line manager.
- Cleaning and carrying out minor checks on police cycles supplementary to the checks that are already in place.
Basic IT skills are desirable, but you will receive training on any systems required. It would be useful if you had previous office experience, but this is not essential. Some knowledge of basic car maintenance and presenting vehicles to a high standard would also help but is not essential along with a full driving licence.
All divisional police stations.
Daytime or evenings.