In an emergency always call 999

Dissatisfied with our service


Dissatisfied with our service?

We understand that at times you may feel that we haven't provided you with an excellent service, and that you'd like to let us know where we can improve. Help us better our service by giving us feedback.

Make a formal complaint

Our Professional Standards department is responsible for the investigation of all public complaints, whether they are made about police officers, police staff or Special Constables.

Find out more about how you can make a formal complaint.

How to appeal

If you are unhappy with how we dealt with your complaint against police then in certain circumstances you can appeal to the Chief Constable.

If you have had a letter informing you of this please click here to access our online forms.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.