We are working on a new website with a range of services available. You can try it out here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

101 Non-Emergency Number

101 is the new way to contact Derbyshire Constabulary for non-emergency matters.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, all the information you need can be found on our Report A Crime page.

When do I call 101?

Use 101 24 hours a day for matters that do not require an emergency response, such as reporting crime, raising a concern or getting in touch for advice. This could be:

  • If your car has been stolen;
  • If your property has been damaged;
  • If you want to report a minor traffic collision; or
  • If you want to give the police information about crime in your area.

What can I expect when I call 101?

As 101 operates differently depending on where you're calling from, there are two different experiences you may face when using this new non-emergency number.

If you are calling from within the centre of a county, there will be a short recorded message where you will be informed which force you are being connected to. If you wish to change which police force you want to speak to at this point, dial 1.

If you are calling from close to the border of your county, the recorded message will ask you which police force you wish to speak to, with option 1 being the closest force to where you're calling from.

When your call is connected, you will be speaking to the control room of your local police force.

How much will it cost me to call 101?

Calls from landlines and mobile networks cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of the day you call or how long you are on the phone.

Some network operators may charge less, and calls from BT phoneboxes to this number are free. Check with your network operator for how much you may be charged.

What has happened to the old 0345 123 33 33 number?

This number will continue to operate, however we recommend changing any numbers you have saved in address books or mobile phones to 101.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.