Posted on 7th February 2017
Youngsters in Poolsbrook and Duckmanton can take part in a series of activities set up by their local Safer Neighbourhood policing team in February.
PCSO Janis Naylor has set up a number of events for young people aged between 8 and 16 years in both Poolsbrook and Duckmanton during half-term week and some evenings for the week after.
All events have been paid for by local councillors and supported by the local Safer Neighbourhood policing team.
They will take place on:
- Monday, February 13: 2pm – 4pm, football and games by Sporting Futures at Poolsbrook playing fields, and then a karate and kickboxing session between 6.30pm – 7.30pm at Poolsbrook Miners Welfare.
- Thursday, February 16: 5.45pm – 7.15pm, karaoke and disco at Duckmanton Miners Welfare.
- Monday, February 20: 5.45pm – 7.15pm, karaoke and disco at Duckmanton Miners Welfare.
- Tuesday, February 21: 6.30pm – 7.30pm, boxing session at Poolsbrook Miners Welfare.
- Thursday, February 23: 5.45pm – 7.15pm, karaoke and disco at Poolsbrook Miners Welfare.
PCSO Naylor said: "There are lots of activities taking place over the next few weeks and we hope there will be something to interest everyone.
“It will help keep youngsters entertained during the holidays and provide an alternative to being out on the streets with their friends, and perhaps provide an opportunity to try something new.”
You can just turn up to the event, except for Ozbox boxing as consent forms will need to be completed.
To get hold of a consent form, or for more information about the activities please contact PCSO Janis Naylor by calling 101 or send her a message online through the Contact Us page on the Derbyshire police website: www.derbyshire.police.uk/Contact-Us