Posted on 18th July 2017
Police and Crime Commissioner Hardyal Dhindsa will be joining Safer Neighbourhood officers this Sunday as they tour rural Ashbourne villages offering crime prevention advice.
As well as the chance to get hold of discounted crime prevention items such as ‘dusk till dawn’ light bulbs, shed alarms and door chimes, residents will be able to speak to their local team and the PCC about any issues that concern them.
The Mobile Police Station will be in the area on Sunday, July 23 and will be located at:
- Kirk Ireton: 10am-10.45am, outside the village shop
- Hulland Ward: 11am-11.45am, close to the garage
- Brailsford: 12noon-12.45pm, village hall car park
- Hollington: 1pm-1.45pm, outside the Red Lion public house
- Shirley: 2pm-2.45pm, outside the church
- Longford: 3pm-3.45pm, outside the school
Items are being provided by the Safer Derbyshire Dales Community Safety Partnership, which includes Derbyshire Constabulary and Derbyshire Dales District Council.
Discounted home security products are also available to buy from the Derbyshire Dales District Council Leisure Centres in Ashbourne, Bakewell, Wirksworth and the Arc Leisure at Matlock.
Further Operation Illuminate events are also set to take place in other villages later in the year.
For more information, or to contact your local Safer Neighbourhood policing team, call 101, or send them a message online through the My Local Police pages of the website by clicking here