Posted on 16th March 2017
We are appealing for information and offering advice following burglaries in Cromford and Wirksworth.
At around 7pm on Tuesday, March 7, thieves gained entry to a property on Rose End Avenue in Cromford by smashing the glass in the rear door.
Jewellery was stolen after offenders searched the bedrooms of the property.
The thieves were believed to have left in a white van which was seen parked up on the street. (17000098809)
Overnight between Friday, March 10 and Saturday, March 11, thieves stole jewellery after forcing open the door of a property on Pittywood Road in Wirksworth. (17000103779)
Another property on Pittywood Road was also targeted on Friday, March 10 after offenders smashed the glass of a rear door. Jewellery and cash were stolen. (17000059426)
Following the burglaries, our officers are encouraging residents to take steps to protect their property from thieves. Home security advice includes:
- Closing curtains at night time;
- Keeping valuable items including computers, laptops and car keys out of view and ensuring they are kept away from easy access via doors, windows and letterboxes;
- Ensuring doors, windows, garages and outbuildings are locked and properly secured;
- Looking out for suspicious activity around neighbour’s properties and encouraging them to do the same for you;
- Marking valuable property with a UV pen so that if it is stolen and recovered by the police, it can be reunited with its rightful owner;
- Remaining vigilant and reporting suspicious activity immediately to the police either on 101 or 999 in an emergency. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Anyone with information about the burglaries is asked to contact DC Colin Jones on 101, quoting the occurrence number stated above.
You can also send Colin a message online using the Contact Us section of our website here
To report a crime anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.