We are working on a new website with a range of services available. You can try it out here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Two arrested for drugs offences following search at a property in Fairfield

Posted on 27th September 2018

A man and a woman have been arrested by officers following a drug search at a property in Fairfield, Buxton.

Officers from the local Safer Neighbourhood policing teams carried out the warrant on Fairfield Road on Tuesday, September 25.

They discovered what is believed to be Crack Cocaine, Heroin, Cannabis and cash which have been seized.

A 47 year old man from Buxton and a 28 year old woman from Whaley Bridge were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs.

They were questioned and later released under investigation pending further enquiries.

Sgt. Denis Murphy of the local Safer Neighbourhood policing team said: “We are continuing to work hard across the High Peak area to target drug misuse, crime and anti-social behaviour, and to keep our communities safe.

“Whenever we receive information about possible illegal drug activity we will always look to develop that information and investigate further if appropriate. I would like to thank the local community for their continued support and would encourage anyone with information about drug misuse or suspicious activity to contact us.”

If you have information about drug use in your community you can contact us on one of the following options:

You can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or online through the Crimestoppers website, www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

Do you, or someone you know, have problems with alcohol or drugs and are finding that this is causing you problems?

If so, the Derbyshire Recovery Partnership (DRP) can offer you free and confidential tailored support, to help you gain control and build positive relationships. Call 0845 308 4010, or 01246 206514 from a mobile, or email info@derbyshirerecoverypartnership.co.uk.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.