In an emergency always call 999

Police focus on anti-social behaviour issues in Hadfield area

Posted on 26th February 2013

Incidents of anti-social behaviour including vehicle damage, eggs thrown at houses and wheelie bins being upturned have prompted action from police.

In recent weeks, people living in Hadfield have reported a range of issues that have happened late at night and often at weekends.

Youths have reportedly been throwing eggs at people’s property, damaging homes or vehicles, leaving rubbish on the streets and hanging around in groups after dark, usually targeting areas populated by elderly and vulnerable people.

Officers from Hadfield and Tintwistle Safer Neighbourhood Team will be increasing patrols to crack down on incidents of anti-social behaviour across the area.

Together with partner agencies including High Peak Community Housing, police will also be speaking to parents and youngsters about the consequences of behaving in such a way.

PCSO Brian Buller, from the team, said: “This increase in anti-social behaviour involves local youngsters causing a nuisance with residents, including elderly and vulnerable residents, and these actions are simply not acceptable.

“Taking part in anti-social behaviour could lead to young people being prosecuted and going through the courts, which can affect their future prospects greatly.

“We’d urge parents to check where their children are, especially after dark and late on weekends, and find out what they are involved in.

“We also want people to report incidents of anti-social behaviour as soon as they occur and to get a decent description of those involved, such as age, height and what they are wearing.

“You are not a nuisance telling us about nuisance – we need your help to make sure Hadfield continues to be a safe place to live.”

Have you seen anyone acting suspiciously or do you want to report anti-social behaviour in your neighbourhood?

Please call the Safer Neighbourhood team on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. In an emergency, always call 999.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.