In an emergency always call 999

Hadfield dispersal order is extended for the summer months

Posted on 2nd May 2013

An order granting police the power to move on nuisance groups in parts of Hadfield has been extended until October.

The order was brought in after complaints from members of the public about anti-social behaviour by groups of people gathering on the streets.

It gives all uniformed officers including PCSOs the power to move groups of two or more on from an area.

Officers can ban people from an area for 24 hours, while youths under the age of 16 can be taken home by police.

The dispersal order was due to expire at the end of April but, due to its success, has now been extended until October 26.

PCSO Tracey Collins, from Hadfield and Tintwistle Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “The dispersal order has been a fantastic tool for us in bringing down anti-social behaviour and has had a positive impact for the local community.

“We were keen for it to be extended over the summer months and lighter nights and members of the public also wanted to see it carry on, as it has been extremely popular with them.

“Having it in place until October means that we can continue to improve the situation and to make Hadfield a safe place to live, without anti-social behaviour having such a negative effect.”

The dispersal order covers a large area of Hadfield including Station Road, Railway Street, Salisbury Street, Kiln Lane, Wesley Street, Bank Street, Albert Street, Jones Street, Lambgates, Pingott Lane, the railway station car park and the war memorial.

It is just one part of the Safer Neighbourhood team’s ongoing work to tackle anti-social behaviour in the area, which is a current policing priority.

The team are also engaging with youths to speak to them about any problem behaviour and how it affects others, and working with High Peak Borough Council and the youth service to organise alternative activities for them to take part in.

For more information, call the team on 101.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.