In an emergency always call 999

Crime prevention becomes policing focus for Hope Valley officers

Posted on 18th December 2014

Safer Neighbourhood officers are looking to boost crime prevention across the Hope Valley after setting the issue as their latest policing priority.

The priority was set following the recent governance meeting which gives residents the opportunity to raise any neighbourhood concerns that they may have with the team.

Officers from the Hope Valley Safer Neighbourhood Team will be heading out on the beat to boost crime prevention, along with offering reassurance and support to local people.

PC Graham Mason and PCSO Steve Rogers will be teaming up to host a number of police surgeries and property marking events in the New Year to help residents to better protect their valuables against criminals.

The team will be offering tips and security advice to residents, along with encouraging them to mark up their property with a marking fluid such as Smart Water. This will make property less attractive to thieves and will also help police to return stolen goods to their original owner. 

Residents are also being encouraged to sign up to a national property register such as Immobilise.

Immobilise is a free service that allows anyone to register their property. If it is lost or stolen and the police recover it, the Immobilise database can be checked and the item reunited with its owner. Any property including mobile phones, bikes and laptops can be registered on the database. To register, or to find out more, visit

Residents are invited to attend the next Safer Neighbourhood governance meeting to help set the policing priorities for their community. The meeting will take place at Hope Dental Clinic, Eccles Close on Wednesday, April 15 from 7pm.

You can also contact the Hope Valley Safer Neighbourhood Team with any issues you would like to raise by calling 101, the non-emergency number for Derbyshire police.

For upcoming police events and meetings head to the team’s page.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.