We are working on a new website with a range of services available. You can try it out here and let us know what you think.

In an emergency always call 999

Safer Neighbourhood officers team up to tackle ASB in Shirebrook and Langwith

Posted on 9th April 2015

Officers from the Shirebrook Safer Neighbourhood Team will be heading out on the beat to combat anti-social behaviour following complaints from local residents.

Police have received recent reports of youths acting anti-socially and causing a disturbance for residents living in Shirebrook, particularly in the areas of Olive Avenue, Pear Tree Drive and Lavender Close.

Sergeant Sarah Barraclough, PC Kat Newton-Jones, PCSO Steve Cathcart and PCSO Matthew Liddy will be heading out in the community to speak to those responsible about the effect that their actions may have on people living nearby.

Sergeant Sarah Barraclough from the local policing team said: “With the evenings now staying lighter for longer, we are asking parents to be mindful of where their children are and what they are up.

“We have had a number of complaints from local residents of youngsters causing a disturbance in their neighbourhoods, particularly around Olive Avenue and Pear Tree Drive. 

“We understand that the weather is improving and kids will want to go out and meet with their friends, so we are asking them to be considerate and to respect other people’s property.”

The Safer Neighbourhood team are also working alongside partner agencies to combat anti-social behaviour around New Scott Street in Langwith, following reports of drinking, litter and deliberate fires in the area.

Officers will be carrying out increased patrols and are also looking to impose Public Space Protection Orders and Community Protection Notices in the near future to help to tackle the issue.

To report anti-social behaviour in your community, call police on 101 or 999 in an emergency.

To get in touch with your local Safer Neighbourhood team, call 101 and follow them on Twitter: @ShirebrookSNT

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.