Posted on 9th November 2017
A man who we arrested yesterday in connection with a series of suspicious incidents has been released under investigation while inquiries continue.
Yesterday, Wednesday, November 8, we told you about the arrest of a 19 year-old man from Sinfin, after a report of a 7 year-old boy being assaulted in Chellaston.
This incident is also being linked with separate reports of an 11 and 12 year-old girl being followed in the same area last week.
Sergeant Graham Young, who is in charge of the Chellaston Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “The man has been interviewed and there are now a number of inquiries to complete. This will include looking to see if there any other reported incidents that are linked.
“In the meantime we are increasing our patrols, especially around schools in the area, at either end of the schooling day.
“I would repeat advice we have given previously which is for parents and carers to be aware if their children are going out and where they are going, for them to have a range of safe places and adults that children can go to if they feel concerned and to call us if they have any concerns about someone’s behaviour.
“We would also ask anyone that if anyone has any information about these incidents that they make contact with us.”
If you think you can help please contact the team on 101, quoting reference number 17000466124
Alternatively send him a message online by visiting the Contact Us section of our website HERE.
You can also anonymously contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111 or by visiting www.crimestoppers-uk.org