In an emergency always call 999

We have a new Police Inspector covering Derby's City Centre and surrounding suburbs

Posted on 12th January 2017
Lauren Woods at St Marys Wharf

A new inspector has taken charge of policing at St Mary’s Wharf police station in Derby with responsibility for policing areas of the city including the city centre, Mackworth, Darley, Allestree, Spondon, Oakwood, Chaddesden and Derwent.  

Inspector Lauren Woods, took over from Nick Daines on Monday, January 9. 

Lauren, who is 34 years of-age, joined Derbyshire police in 2000 as a special constable before becoming a regular officer and being stationed at Swadlincote. 

Since then she has served at Long Eaton as both a PC and a sergeant before moving to Roe Farm police office in 2011 as the Safer Neighbourhood sergeant covering Spondon, Oakwood, Chaddesden and Derwent. She was promoted to the rank of Inspector in 2013 and has since had responsibility for re-active policing, community safety and licensing for South Division. 

Inspector Woods said: “I am really pleased to have been given this opportunity. The area I am responsible for is diverse in that it is a mixture of traditional housing and a city centre that has its unique policing challenges. 

“I know the area well having been a Safer Neighbourhood sergeant at Roe Farm and hope I can successfully bring some of this experience, and that from my roles since, in to my new job.” 

Originally from Burton in Staffordshire, Lauren now lives in Derbyshire with her partner and two young children, a 6 year-old son and 1 year-old daughter. 

Lauren continued: “Most of my spare time is focussed on my family and friends but I do enjoy playing netball and I play for Derbyshire police netball team, proudly representing the force across the country. 

“I am looking forward to carrying on the good work that Inspector Daines was doing and working with others to continue to ensure that these areas of Derby are safe places to live, visit and work in.” 

To contact Insp Woods call her on 101 or send her a message online by visiting the Contact Us section of our website here.




Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.