In an emergency always call 999

Ilkeston mother issued with a notice to stop her children causing anti-social behaviour.

Posted on 20th September 2017
Jim Thompson Insp Inspector Jim Thompson

Our officers in the Ilkeston Safer Neighbourhood Team have issued an Ilkeston woman a Community Protection Notice to try and improve the behaviour of her two sons. 

The action was taken by them and officers from Erewash Borough Council’s Safer Community Partnership after several complaints of anti-social behaviour in the town. 

The order was issued to the 37 year-old woman earlier this month on Thursday, September 7 under Section 43 of the Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014. It requires her to make reasonable effort to prevent her two sons, aged 14 and 15 years, from causing anti-social behaviour in Erewash. 

The move was taken after her sons had been involved in various anti-social behaviour in and around Ilkeston and Cotmanhay, and after several attempts and measures to prevent them causing such issues. 

Inspector Jim Thompson, who is in charge of policing in Erewash, said: “We work hard with our colleagues at Erewash Borough Council to stop and prevent anti-social behaviour in the district. 

“These two young people had been regularly identified as being involved in such incidents and despite our attempts to stop them from being so, the behaviour has continued. 

“We have now issued the mother with a Community Protection Notice in a further attempt to ensure she takes all reasonable effort to prevent her sons causing such problems. 

“It is not a step we have taken lightly, however, we feel it is important that all parties take responsibility to try and stop anti-social behaviour from effecting the lives of residents in Erewash.” 

It is an offence to contravene a Community Protection Notice and anyone suspected of doing so would be ordered to attend the local Magistrates’ court. 

For further information contact the team on 101, or send them a message online by visiting the Contact Us section of our website here.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.