In an emergency always call 999

Swadlincote Police Sergeant asks parents "Do you know what your children are doing when they are in the town centre?"

Posted on 7th March 2018
The Delph Swad The Delph, Swadlincote

The police sergeant in charge of our Safer Neighbourhood team in Swadlincote has posed a question to the parents and carers in and around the town. 

Sergeant Graham Summers has asked: “Do you know what your children are doing when they are out in the town centre?” 

The question comes as the team have taken positive action over the half-term week to deal with complaints of anti-social behaviour at various locations in the town. 

The team have had additional high visibility patrols around the Delph, Pipeworks, McDonalds and Morrison’s areas, resulting in young people receiving five dispersal notices, four community protection notices, three banning letters and one breach of community protection notice. 

Sergeant Summers explained further: “These areas of the town are for people to visit and use and they should be able to do so without the fear of being subject to anti-social behaviour.” 

“The team have been working hard with our partners in the Safer South Derbyshire Partnership to ensure that this behaviour is tackled. 

“My message to the parents of these young people who are causing the issues is to take responsibility, to know where your children are, who they are with and what they are doing. 

“We are issuing young people with community protection notices in order to require them to stop being involved in this type of behaviour and the penalty of breaching such a notice is £100, a fine that the parent will be liable to pay. 

“Swadlincote is a safe and pleasant place to live and visit and we are determined to keep it that way.” 

For more information on the work of the team call them on 101 or send them a message online by visiting the Contact Us section of our website HERE. 

You can also follow them on Twitter @SwadlincoteSNT


Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.