In an emergency always call 999

How to Report a Wildlife Incident

Wildlife crime is like any other crime; if you see or suspect it then report it. Whether you think you have just witnessed a crime in action, or if you have information on someone involved in wildlife offences, police need to know. Detailed descriptions of suspects or vehicles, registration plates, accurate locations and prompt reporting are crucial in helping officers bring these criminals to justice.

There are a number of ways that you can report these offences:


If it is an emergency, you should always call 999. Please make sure that you tell the call handler that this is a crime in progress. 


You can report it to Derbyshire police on 101. Please ensure that you ask the call handler for the incident number. You will need this number in order to obtain updates.


Or you can report an incident involving the harming of animals completely anonymously to Crimestoppers, the independent charity, on 0800 555 111.

How to Report Wildlife CrimePicture credit: NPAS Ripley

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.