In an emergency always call 999

Police detectives release images of property they believe is stolen

Posted on 31st August 2017
17 347058 7

One of our detectives has released images of recovered property that he believes is stolen in order to find their owners. 

The move comes after three Carrera mountain bikes, a Dell lap top and a TomTom sat nav were recovered during a search at a Derby house earlier this month. 

The officer has reason to believe that the items are stolen and is trying to speak to the rightful owners about the circumstances in which they were taken as well of course return the property. 

DC Jack Williamson is the officer dealing with the case and says: “The items were taken by us as part of a search at a house earlier this month. We have strong reasons to believe that the items are stolen but we can’t find any record on our crime system of it being reported to us. 

“I would urge that if anyone recognises the items as belonging to them that they make contact with me so that I can have a chat about the circumstances in which they were taken but also so I can return them to the rightful owners. 

“This case highlights how important it is for people to property mark their valuables so should they be stolen we are in a better position to be able to return them to the rightful owner but also to help us in the prosecution of those found with the stolen property.” 

If you think you can help, please call Jack on 101 quoting reference number 17000347058 . Alternatively send him a message online by visiting the Contact Us section of our website here.

You can also anonymously contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111 or by visiting 

We would also encourage owners to register their property on, it only takes a couple of minutes and once your property is registered if it is found or recovered anywhere in the country you stand a better chance of getting it back. Contact your local Safer Neighbourhood teams for details of how you can get your property marked.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.