Posted on 7th December 2014
A road in Buxton remains closed after a gas leak caused a fire in the early hours of the morning.
The fire has been put out but a closure on Charles Street in the centre of the town remains in place while gas and electrical engineers continue their work.
The Aldi supermarket nearby was closed earlier this morning but has now been opened to the public.
Police have closed Charles Street at its junction at the Bridge Street roundabout and at the opposite end.
The fire started at about 12.20am and was believed to be the result of a ruptured gas pipe. There is no evacuation and there is no risk to nearby properties or the public.