In an emergency always call 999

Force introduces new ways for people to get in touch with police

Posted on 8th December 2014

New ways of how to contact your local police have been introduced in Derbyshire.

Two forms have been launched on the Derbyshire Constabulary website which offer members of the public alternative ways to contact the police.

A ‘request to call back’ form has been created which can be used for any non-emergency matter. Once the form is submitted it will be forwarded to the most relevant person and a response will be given within 48 hours.

The second form is specifically for people wanting to leave a message for an officer or member of staff. This message will then be e-mailed by contact management staff to the person it is intended for.

Stuart Chapman, Operations Manager for Contact Management said: “These forms aim to provide members of the public with alternative ways of contacting their local police.

“The forms can be used for a variety of reasons ranging from requesting an update on a crime to passing on intelligence.

“Also under the ‘Contact us’ section of the website are details on how to report things such as noise nuisance, parking issues and abandoned animals.

“Please note that the contact forms should not be used as a crime reporting service. To report an incident please use the non-emergency 101 number. In an emergency you must always dial 999.”

The forms are available in the ‘Contact us’ section of the website.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.