Posted on 12th February 2014
A suspect has been arrested in connection with theft after three motorbikes were taken from areas in Glossop and Hadfield.
Sometime overnight between Wednesday, January 29 and Thursday, January 30, an offender steals a Honda motorbike and chain from outside a property on Queen Street, Hadfield.
On the same night, a moped was a stolen from a public car park on Winster Mews, Glossop and another was taken from the garden of a property on Thorncliffe Road, Hadfield.
A man has been arrested and released on bail pending further enquiries.
Police will be heading out on targeted patrols in the area and are actively encouraging residents to remain vigilant and to report suspicious activity to police straight away.
Officers are urging riders to increase their security and to consider using security devices on their bikes for extra safety measures.
Simple but effective precautions can be taken to prevent you from becoming a victim, these include:
- Buying an alarm, immobiliser and secondary locks such as a disc lock, U-lock, chain or cable lock.
- Always use the steering lock on your vehicle.
- When out in public park your motorcycle where it can be seen or in spaces that have stands for you to secure your bike to.
- Try to cover your vehicle and if possible use ground anchors or a garage.
- Avoid leaving your helmet, gloves or other possessions on the machine.
- Put security markings on as many parts of your bike as possible.
If you saw anything suspicious, have any information on the above incidents, or CCTV nearby; please call 101, the non-emergency number for Derbyshire police.