In an emergency always call 999

New webpage launched to help public contact the right agency

Posted on 4th September 2014

New ways to get in touch with Derbyshire Constabulary

Derbyshire Constabulary has launched a new page on its website to direct the public to the correct agency to report issues.

The page which is located under the ‘contact us’ tab on the website will direct users to the appropriate agency when reporting specific issues.

The page provides details of who to call to report things such as noise nuisance, parking issues and abandoned animals.

Assistant Chief Constable Gary Knighton added: “We completely understand that sometimes people phone us because they genuinely have no idea who else to ring.  We want to save their time and minimise their frustrations by improving the information available to them online.

“The site will hopefully help to reduce the number of calls we receive for such issues and help to provide people with the information they require.”

Inspector Wendy Smedley, who is leading the project to increase public awareness, said: “The police service receives a high number of calls about issues, ranging from abandoned vehicles to road repairs, which are not dealt with by the police.  These calls can put increasing pressure on call handlers who have to re-direct callers to other agencies instead of helping someone who genuinely requires police assistance.”

The page also provides information on how to contact Derbyshire Constabulary and has a link to the Ask The Police national database for frequently asked general questions.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.