In an emergency always call 999

Liquid thrown in Swadlincote phone snatch

Posted on 27th July 2018

We are appealing for witnesses after a man in Swadlincote allegedly had liquid thrown in his face following the theft of his mobile phone.

Sometime between 9.30pm and 9.45pm on Monday, July 9, a 30-year-old man was walking on Frank Bodicote Way when he was approached by two boys on mountain bikes.

One of them snatched his phone. The other threw liquid into his face.

He was taken to hospital as a precaution but did not require treatment.

The boy reported to have snatched the phone is described as around 16-years-old, of slim build and wearing an off-white coloured t-shirt with dark tracksuit bottoms.

The boy reported to have thrown the liquid is described as around 16-years-old and of slightly bigger build than his companion. He was wearing dark tracksuit bottoms and black trainers with while soles.

They were last seen heading towards Woodlands off Frank Bodicote Way.

DC Sean Pett said: “It is, of course, a relief that the liquid used wasn’t dangerous enough to cause a serious injury.

“However, this type of incident is preying on people’s fear of that type of crime. It must have been a terrifying experience for the victim – and all, it appears, for a mobile phone.

“We want to hear from anyone who either saw the incident or saw two teenage boys that meet our descriptions in the area that night.

“Also, if you have picked up any information about who might be responsible from talking to people in the local area, please come forward and let us know.”

If you have any information which may be helpful to officers investigating the incident, please get in touch by using one of the following non-emergency contact methods.

Please quote the reference number 18000321203 and the name of the officer in the DC Sean Pett, in any correspondence.

You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Please note in the event of an emergency you should always call 999.

Do you need a quick answer to a general question? Then we recommend you visit the national Ask The Police web site.