Posted on 3rd March 2018
One of our patrol vehicles in the snow.
While some roads have re-opened today, conditions are still icy across large parts of the county this morning.
Derbyshire County Council has already reopened some routes which were previously closed.
- B6025 Alfreton Road, Tibshelf to Westhouse
- B5006 Derby Road, Ticknall
- Coton Lane, Lullington
- Unnamed road, linking Coton Road and Lullington village
The council has gritted all primary routes (except for roads they can't get to) across the county from 3am, followed by the secondary routes.
Several farmers are out helping with diggers this morning, heading for smaller villages which have been cut off by the snow.
The council would like to reassure residents that it is doing absolutely everything it can to make major inroads into the backlog of closures today.
Currently remaining closed are:
- A57 Snake Pass
- A6024 Holme Moss
- A53 Leek Road
- A537 Cat and Fiddle
- Monks Road between Chunal and Charlesworth
- B6105 Torside Glossop to the A628
- A515 Buxton to Newhaven
- A5012 Via Gellia (Pikehall to Newhaven)
- Rotherham Road - Harthill Road to Worksop Rd
- Main Rd - Owler Barr to Barlow
- Rotherham Road - Stoney Houghton to Green Lane
- Rosliston Road South, Rosliston
- Hallcroft Avenue, Overseal
Only one main route into Buxton is currently open - the town can be accessed via the A6 from both the north and south.
If you do intend to travel today, please take care and remember that many roads and pavements will be icy.
Keep up-to-date with the latest road information by visiting the county council’s dedicated page: https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_roads/roads_traffic/road_maintenance/snow_info/latest_update/default.asp