Operation Doubrava is the largest modern slavery investigation the force has ever conducted. To date, 13 people have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy offences linked to slavery, trafficking and exploitation.
Investigators in Derby and Latvia are working together on the case and have identified more than 20 potential victims so far. Warrants have been executed in both countries as the team seeks to dismantle what we believe to be an organised crime group.
Latest news and appealsAtom Feed
Further man extradited and charged with modern slavery offences
- Officers have extradited and charged an eleventh person as part of a major modern slavery investigation which spans two countries.
Man extradited and charged with modern slavery offences
- A tenth person has been charged as part of a large-scale modern slavery investigation, following his extradition from Latvia.
Five arrests in Latvia and Derby as part of large modern slavery operation
- Five people have been arrested during simultaneous warrants in Derby and Latvia as part of an ongoing, large-scale, investigation into modern slavery and human trafficking.
Five people have been charged with Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking offences following an operation in Derby
- Three men and two women have appeared at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates Court today (Friday 15th September 2017).
Six people arrested and ten potential modern slavery victims found during morning raids
- Six people have been arrested and ten potential victims found during five warrants executed in Derby this morning as part of a modern slavery operation.