We're reinvestigating the death of father-of-two Paul Davis, who died following a hit-and-run four years ago.
Mr Davis, 37, of Corporation Road, Ilkeston, was found lying in the road not far from his home in the early hours of Sunday, August 10, 2008.
He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. A post mortem showed he died from internal injuries and police believe he had been in collision with a vehicle.
The driver of the vehicle did not remain at the scene and the vehicle has never been traced.
As part of this appeal, we're releasing CCTV images of a car we're keen to trace, which was seen in Hallam Fields Road at around 2.15am on the night of Paul’s death. To view this footage, please watch the video on this page.
The family's plea
Mr Davis’ fiancée, Joanne Davis, has called on the driver of the vehicle to come forward. She said: “It’s been four years since Paul was tragically taken away from us. He was a young 37 with all his life ahead of him.
“We had been together nearly 17 years, had two lovely sons and had so many plans for the future. All of this was so cruelly taken away from us and on the day he was killed a part of us died too. No amount of prayers or wishes could ever bring Paul back but if a wish could come true it’s that the person that did this to Paul would come forward and hand themselves in.
“At the end of the day it was not their intention to kill Paul, it was a tragic accident. So please come forward and hand yourself in. It’s time to clear your conscience after four years and allow Paul to rest in peace. Myself and Paul’s sons, Nathan and Aidan, Paul’s mum, sisters and brother, family and friends need closure.”
Can you help?
Did you see anything on or near Corporation Road in the early hours of August 10, 2008?
Can you identifiy the vehicle in the CCTV footage?
Do you know anyone who had unexplained damage to their car around this time?
Do you know anyone who was acting suspiciously around this date, or on the anniversaries of the death?
Get in touch
If you have any information that could help us to discover what happened to Paul Davis, no matter how small or insignificant you feel it may be, get in touch with us.
If you have information about the death of Paul Davis and you feel you may be in a position now to come forward, we urge you to get in touch so that his family can find some closure.
Call us on either 101 non-emergency number, or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Independent charity Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £2,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the driver involved in a hit-and-run in Ilkeston.
Enhanced CCTV released as part of Paul Davis hit-and-run inquiry
- Detectives investigating a hit and run which killed an Ilkeston man in 2008 have released enhanced CCTV footage from the night he died.
Family of hit-and-run victim issue re-appeal on his birthday
- The partner of a man who died following a hit-and-run has re-appealed for information about the collision on what would have been his 42nd birthday.
Paul Davis Facebook appeal viewed by 100,000 people
- A Facebook advert appealing for information about the death of an Ilkeston man following a hit-and-run four years ago has been seen by 100,000 people.
Fiancee of hit-and-run victim appeals for driver responsible to come forward
- The fiancée of a man who died following a hit-and-run has called on the driver responsible to come forward.
Facebook advert launched as part of the Paul Davis appeal
- Derbyshire police have launched a Facebook advert as part of a fresh inquiry into the death of Paul Davis in Ilkeston four years ago.
Investigation re-opened into the death of a man following a hit-and-run
- Derbyshire police are to reinvestigate the case of an Ilkeston man who died following a hit-and-run four years on from his death.