Whether you are checking your emails on the go, updating your Facebook status, online banking or chatting to your friends on webcam, technology plays a big part in our everyday lives so it is important to stay safe.
That is why we have created this cybercrime hub where you can find helpful information and advice around protecting yourself online. Here you will find support on a range of topics from social media security, cyber bullying, child sexual exploitation and online fraud.
- Police are offering safety advice to users of a popular online game.
- Police have been teaming up to raise awareness of internet safety amongst the Deaf Community in Derby.
- Residents across the county are being encouraged to head online and follow Derbyshire's Digital PCSO on Twitter.
- Police are supporting a national campaign to help keep businesses safe from cybercrime after more than £4 million was lost by businesses in Derbyshire last year.
- "How can we stop cyberbullying?" and "What should you do if a stranger requests to follow you on social media?" are just some of the questions asked by youngsters.
Get Safe Online
GetSafeOnline.org have created the following video to highlight how our phones - and subsequently our personal information - can be hacked into.
NCA Video - #CyberChoices
The video below, produced by the NCA, uses a clever blend of humour and seriousness to highlight their message. It shows two overly naïve parents talking about their son’s skills with a computer without knowing exactly what they’re talking about, or, more crucially, what their son has actually been up to.
What is 'Money Muling'? Watch this short video to find out and get advice on how to avoid such scams.
Useful links and contacts
Childline - Call on 0800 1111
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) – Call on 0870 000 3344 or contact via the online form - http://ceop.police.uk/contact-us
Crimestoppers – https://crimestoppers-uk.org/
Cyber Essentials - www.cyberessentials.org
Cyber Streetwise - https://www.cyberstreetwise.com/
Derbyshire Safe Guarding Children Board – Call on 01629 535716 or visit the website http://www.derbyshirescb.org.uk/
Digital Stalking - www.digital-stalking.com
Fearless - https://fearless.org/cyber-crime
Get Safe Online - https://www.getsafeonline.org/
National Stalking Helpline – Call on 0808 802 0300 or e-mail the Helpline at email@example.com
NSPCC Helpline – Call on 0800 800 500
Think U Know – http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Think Jessica - http://www.thinkjessica.com