Whether you are checking your emails on the go, updating your Facebook status, online banking or chatting to your friends on webcam, technology plays a big part in our everyday lives so it is important to stay safe.
That is why we have created this cybercrime hub where you can find helpful information and advice around protecting yourself online. Here you will find support on a range of topics from social media security, cyber bullying, child sexual exploitation and online fraud.
- Chesterfield residents are invited to pick up advice on a range of topics, from cyber security to alcohol awareness and wellbeing as police and partners team up.
- Derbyshire police are working with Get Safe Online to warn the residents of Derbyshire to be cautious when accessing private data on public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Eckington residents have been picking up tips on how to stay safe online at a recent Safer Derbyshire roadshow.
- Cyber Streetwise is urging people and businesses across Derbyshire to always download the latest software and app updates as soon as they are available.
- The Get Safe Online Parent Campaign is launched today and its main aim is to make parents aware of online safety when their children are using the internet.
Get Safe Online
GetSafeOnline.org have created the following video to highlight how our phones - and subsequently our personal information - can be hacked into.
NCA Video - #CyberChoices
The video below, produced by the NCA, uses a clever blend of humour and seriousness to highlight their message. It shows two overly naïve parents talking about their son’s skills with a computer without knowing exactly what they’re talking about, or, more crucially, what their son has actually been up to.
What is 'Money Muling'? Watch this short video to find out and get advice on how to avoid such scams.
Useful links and contacts
Childline - Call on 0800 1111
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) – Call on 0870 000 3344 or contact via the online form - http://ceop.police.uk/contact-us
Crimestoppers – https://crimestoppers-uk.org/
Cyber Essentials - www.cyberessentials.org
Cyber Streetwise - https://www.cyberstreetwise.com/
Derbyshire Safe Guarding Children Board – Call on 01629 535716 or visit the website http://www.derbyshirescb.org.uk/
Digital Stalking - www.digital-stalking.com
Fearless - https://fearless.org/cyber-crime
Get Safe Online - https://www.getsafeonline.org/
National Stalking Helpline – Call on 0808 802 0300 or e-mail the Helpline at email@example.com
NSPCC Helpline – Call on 0800 800 500
Think U Know – http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Think Jessica - http://www.thinkjessica.com