Whether you are checking your emails on the go, updating your Facebook status, online banking or chatting to your friends on webcam, technology plays a big part in our everyday lives so it is important to stay safe.
That is why we have created this cybercrime and fraud hub where you can find helpful information and advice around protecting yourself both online and in the real world.
Here you will find support on a range of topics from social media security, cyber bullying, child sexual exploitation and online fraud.
- Residents in Derbyshire are being encouraged to log online and put their cyber safety questions to the experts during tomorrow's virtual surgery.
- Officers from Derbyshire police have been at the University of Derby today (Thursday, November 24) to help students stay safe online.
- With Black Friday and Cyber Monday fast approaching, Financial Fraud Action (FFA UK) is urging shoppers to 'Take Five' before they click when buying online.
- Officers are set to take to the road to help residents to stay safe online during a festive Cyber Roadshow.
- Police are supporting a national campaign to help keep businesses safe from cybercrime after more than £4 million was lost by businesses in Derbyshire last year.
Get Safe Online
GetSafeOnline.org have created the following video to highlight how our phones - and subsequently our personal information - can be hacked into.
NCA Video - #CyberChoices
The video below, produced by the NCA, uses a clever blend of humour and seriousness to highlight their message. It shows two overly naïve parents talking about their son’s skills with a computer without knowing exactly what they’re talking about, or, more crucially, what their son has actually been up to.
What is 'Money Muling'? Watch this short video to find out and get advice on how to avoid such scams.
Romance fraud is an ever-increasing scam, with Action Fraud receiving an average of one dating fraud reported every 3 hours. Read more here and watch the video below.
Useful links and contacts
Childline - Call on 0800 1111
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) – Call on 0870 000 3344 or contact via the online form - http://ceop.police.uk/contact-us
Crimestoppers – https://crimestoppers-uk.org/
Cyber Essentials - www.cyberessentials.org
Cyber Aware - www.cyberaware.gov.uk
Derbyshire Safe Guarding Children Board – Call on 01629 535716 or visit the website http://www.derbyshirescb.org.uk/
Digital Stalking - www.digital-stalking.com
Fearless - https://fearless.org/cyber-crime
Get Safe Online - https://www.getsafeonline.org/
National Stalking Helpline – Call on 0808 802 0300 or e-mail the Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org
NSPCC Helpline – Call on 0800 800 500
Think U Know – http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Think Jessica - http://www.thinkjessica.com