Excessive and inappropriate speed is a major contributory factor in road collisions and casualties. The impact of speed-related collisions and casualties is huge, not only in the amount of emotional and physical pain caused to those involved, but also in a financial sense.
It is estimated that the financial cost of road traffic collisions to the community of Derbyshire is in excess of £270 million each year.
For information on speeding, we strongly recommend you visit the re-launched Casualty Reduction Enforcement Support Team site at www.crestderbyshire.org
Examples of information you can find on the Crest site:
- Speed information, including speed limits and stopping distances
- Map of safety camera locations in Derbyshire and safety camera information
- The law around speeding, fines and courses you can take
- News and events
- Community news such as community speed watch schemes, road safety education and operations
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on varying topics
You can also now report speeding concerns via this page, and follow the team on Twitter via @CRESTDerbyshire