Celebrating Halloween with Covid restrictions in place
Main article content
With just over a week to go until Halloween, 'enjoy yourself, but safely' is the message that is being communicated this spooky season.
- Be creative: create a pumpkin trail where you live so everyone can join in without knocking on doors.
- Be active: get dressed up and take a walk around your neighbourhood to see homes decorated for Halloween
- Be virtual: consider an online party with decorations, fancy dress and themed food. Play Hallowe’en games, bake Hallowe’en treats or tell spooky stories.
- Be social: take pictures of your spooky costumes and activities to share on social media.
- Be colourful: dress up the outside of your house with Halloween decorations for you and your neighbours to enjoy.
- Be treat-wise: buy your own sweets to give to your children so they don’t miss out.
- Be bright: if you carve a pumpkin, use a battery-powered light inside it to reduce the risk of fire.