Help and support available if you are concerned about domestic abuse
Main article content
This week in Derbyshire we have seen two people convicted for killing a current or former partner in separate cases in the court.
On Wednesday (30 September), Tonia Crabtree, 29, of Frost Avenue, Langley Mill was jailed for four years and nine months for manslaughter after killing her partner in Langley Mill, in April this year.
Earlier today (Thursday 1 October), Rhys Hancock was given two life sentences for murdering his ex-wife and her partner on New Year’s Day in Duffield.
While the cases are separate, one thing which they do share are the devastating consequences felt by the victim’s loved ones, those who knew them, and also the wider community.
If you have been affected by these cases, if you are suffering from domestic abuse or have any concerns then there is help and support available.
Call the UK police non-emergency number, 101, if you need support or advice from the police and it's not an emergency. If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service on 18001 101.
Remember if there's an emergency that's ongoing or life is in danger, call 999 now. If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.
We can also put you in touch with other support organisations that understand your specific needs if you are experiencing domestic abuse, including locally:
- Derbyshire Domestic Abuse support line: 0800 0198 668(any time).
- Derbyshire County Council domestic abuse support: Help for children, young people and families who are affected by domestic abuse or violence, including refuge accommodation.
- Crossroads Derbyshire: Local help and advice for women, men, children and young people.
- SAM: Support and advice for men.
- SV2: Supporting victims of sexual violence
- LGBT+ Derbyshire: Support for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans plus community.
- CORE: A hub of victim service information, which provides easily accessible information, advice and links to victim services for all victims of crime.
Domestic abuse affects people from all walks of life and in many different ways. For more information visit our advice pages here: https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/daa/domestic-abuse/.