Man charged following Kirk Hallam collision
Main article content
A 37-year-old man from Long Eaton has been charged and remanded in custody following a collision in Kirk Hallam on Friday (July 5).
Officers were called to reports of a collision between a van and a number of people outside Kirk Hallam Community Hall in Kenilworth Drive, Kirk Hallam at 9am on Friday, July 5.
Martin Casey was arrested at the scene of the incident and has today been charged with the following offences:
- One count of driving a motor vehicle dangerously
- One count of causing grievous bodily harm with intent
- One count of causing serious injury by dangerous driving
- Three counts of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent to do grievous bodily harm
He has been remanded in police custody and will appear at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court at 10am tomorrow (Monday, July 8).
Officers are still keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information that may be of help to the investigation.
Anyone with information should contact Derbyshire police using one of the below methods – please include reference 19*348867 in any correspondence.
- Facebook – send us a private message to /DerbyshireConstabulary
- Twitter – direct message our contact centre on @DerPolContact
- Website – complete the online contact form derbyshire.police.uk/Contact-Us.
- Phone – call us on 101.
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Please note in the event of an emergency you should always call 999.