Excessive and inappropriate speed is a major contributory factor in road collisions and casualties.
The impact of speed-related collisions and casualties is huge, not only in the amount of emotional and physical pain caused to those involved, but also in a financial sense.
It is estimated that the financial cost of road traffic collisions to the community of Derbyshire is in excess of £270 million each year.
For information on speeding, we strongly recommend you visit the Casualty Reduction Enforcement Support Team site at www.crestderbyshire.org
Examples of information you can find on the Crest site:
- Speed information, including speed limits and stopping distances
- How to pay a speeding ticket
- Map of safety camera locations in Derbyshire and safety camera information
- The law around speeding, fines and courses you can take
- News and events
- Community news such as community speed watch schemes, road safety education and operations
- Frequently asked questions on varying topics.
You can also follow the team on Twitter: @CRESTDerbyshire.