There are some events we'll need you to contact us directly about, these are detailed below. For all other events, please contact the county council via the Derbyshire Prepared site; they'll notify us if necessary. 

Events you need to contact us about - if any of the following are happening on a public highway:

  • cycle time trial
  • cycle race
  • a motor rally

Motor rallies

A rally is 12 or more vehicles on a public highway. If you're planning a rally you'll need to do so through Motor Sport UK as they are the body responsible for the regulation and administration of motor rallies. 

Before authorising an event, Motor Sport UK will need to notify the chief of police in the relevant area at least six weeks before the event. 

Cycling events

If you're planning either a cycle time trial or race on a public highway you'll need to contact us at least 28 days before the event is due to take place. 

You can find the relevant legislation here

Please contact us on and include the following in your email:

  • your name
  • your address
  • the club you represent
  • your contact details (email and phone number)
  • any details you have about the event (eg number of participants, route, number of marshals, expected numbers of spectators and where they are likely to congregate)

If you have any maps of the route or risk assessments then please attach those to the email.