Request your fingerprints
Please note: this service is currently suspended
When available, we can take your fingerprints for the following reasons:
- applying for visas for emigration, temporary stays or work permits in non-EU countries
- applying for overseas clearance to be employed in certain jobs in the UK
- renewing of passports, for South Africa and other states requiring fingerprints
- other circumstances at our discretion
One set of fingerprints: £97.32.
Each additional set/thumb print only: £48.60.
Prices include VAT.
Please note: You can pay with cash only and you must bring the exact money. We don’t accept debit or credit cards.
The following countries are exempt from paying VAT:
- St Vincent & the Grenadines
- United Arab Emirates
For these countries one set of fingerprints costs £77.70 and £38.80 for each additional set/thumb print only.
What to bring with you
You'll need to bring the following with you:
- current valid passport
- paperwork detailing why a set of fingerprints is required
- proof of address (utility bill, bank statement, etc.) dated within the last three months
Please note: if you need your fingerprints taken for the US then you'll need to download the FBIs own form from their website and bring that with you to your appointment.
And if you are renewing a South African passport you'll need to bring the form they supply from the South African embassy.
How to make an appointment
Due to coronavirus precautions, we are currently not accepting any new appointment requests at this time. Please check back in the future for when we are able to safely carry this out.
Where to go
Derbyshire Constabulary Headquarters