Quickly exit this site by pressing the Escape key Leave this site
This site is a beta, which means it's a work in progress and we'll be adding more to it over the next few weeks. Your feedback helps us make things better, so please let us know what you think.
1. Cross-border related crime, namely dwelling burglaries.
2. Theft of motor vehicles.
3. Off road motor bikes at various locations across Eckington, Renishaw, Marsh Lane and Ridgeway.
Issued 10 March 2023
1. We have arranged present and future events with our colleagues in South Yorkshire Police where we share up to date information for Cross-border crime that effects our respective areas. This includes joint Community Speed Watch events where a cross-over of areas exist and volunteers which are made up of local Councillors and members of the public. As a result, we have acquired a CREST Mobile Safety Camera Van which will be in the Eckington area throughout March.
2. We have successfully obtained ANPR Cameras in the Ridgeway area and they are up and running. This will help combat Cross-border Crime, Burglaries, and vehicle related Crime in the area. Regular reassurance patrols in the area have contributed to the number of Burglaries decreasing. Events such as CWC have enabled us to reach out to members of the public face to face and offer Crime Prevention advice. We have given out several Crime Prevention items to members of the public that they now use and install in their homes in order to help prevent Crime and keep criminals away. We have also reached out to other Community. Groups within our areas with the same advice and goodies, all of which are free.
3. here has been an increase in reports of Nuisance Off-Road Motorbikes in most of our areas. We have contacted our New Derbyshire Police Off-Road Motorbike team and requested their services, planning their tactics and giving them the information and local knowledge, they need.